Quiche is the perfect meal for a Sunday brunch (or any other day of the week if you ask me)! This Keto Leek and Bacon Quiche is a creamy, gluten-free and low carb meal. Serve this with a simple salad for a complete delicious brunch.
To start, prebake your Keto Savory Pie Crust (recipe link below) in a 9″ tarte pan. Another option is to serve this as a crustless quiche. When the pie crust is ready, stat preparing the filling. Cook down the leeks and bacon until the leeks are almost caramelized. You’ll want the bacon to be nice and crispy. Once you’re done cooking the filling, strain the excess grease in a fine mesh colander.
(Caramelized Leeks & Crispy Bacon)
Another component to the filling is a bunch of fresh parsley and gruyère cheese (the best part)! Mix the filling with four whisked eggs and heavy whipping cream. This will make our filling less eggy and more creamy.
(Keto Leek and Bacon Quiche Before Cooking)
When baking the quiche, it’s important to cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil. Since the crust is made with almond flour, it can burn quite easily. Baking time will depend on your baking dish and oven. I suggest to start checking your keto quiche at around 15 minutes. Unlike our Apple Leek and Brie Quiche, this quiche will bake a lot faster as the filling isn’t as thick. Check to see if your quiche is set by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Be sure not to overcook your quiche. If you do, it won’t be as creamy as it should be. Let the quiche rest for at least 5 minutes and serve with a simple salad.
Savory Keto Pie Crust
- 9" Tarte Pan
- Blender or Food Processor
- 112 grams Almond Flour Equivalent to 1 cup.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour Equivalent to 2 tbsp.
- 1 Large Egg Lightly beaten.
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Butter Cubbed, Cold.
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Make sure not to over-process the dough.
- Remove mixture from the blender or food processor.
- Knead the ingredients for a few seconds until thoroughly combined. Combine mixture into a ball. Cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled. Place the mixture into the pie plate on the bottom and firmly up the sides.
- Prick the pie crust all over with a fork before baking.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden.
- 202 Calories
- 5.4g Carbohydrates
- 2.8g Fiber
- 17.8g Fat
- 5.4g Protein
Keto Leek and Bacon Quiche
- 9" Tarte Pan
- Prebake 1 batch of the Savory Keto Pie Crust. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add the chopped bacon to a large pan and cook until almost crispy.
- Add the sliced leeks to the pan with the bacon.
- Cook down the leeks until caramelized and bacon until crispy. About 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked leeks and bacon to a colander and drain the excess fat.
- Whisk 4 eggs with heavy cream with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix in the bacon and leeks with the whisked eggs along with half of the grated gruyère cheese.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked Savory Keto Pie Crust.
- Mix in the chopped fresh parsley.
- Top with the remainder of the grated gruyère cheese.
- Cover the pie edges with aluminum foil (they might burn otherwise).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the center is very slightly jiggly. This will help us prevent from overcooking the quiche. (You may need to use your judgement here, all ovens are slightly different in their cooking time).
- Once removed from the oven, let the quiche rest for about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with a simple side salad and enjoy!
- 293 Calories / Serving
- 4.1g Carbs
- 0.4g Fiber
- 26.1g Fat
- 11.5g Protein
- 495 Calories
- 9.5g Carbs
- 2.8g Fiber
- 44g Fat
- 16.9g Protein