This Instant Pot Keto Pulled Pork is an easy recipe that’s tender and full of flavor! The best part is that this is ready within an hour. It’s perfect for making keto pulled pork sandwiches or enjoying on it’s own with a side dish.
How to Make Pulled Pork
We love using the instant pot for this recipe because it only takes about an hour. With this method, the pulled pork comes out perfect every time! If you don’t have an instant pot, you should be able to use the same method in a slow cooker. The cooking time for the slow cooker is about 6-8 hours. The trick to this recipe is to cut up the pork shoulder (3lbs) into about 5 pieces. If you leave the pieces too large, the pork shoulder won’t be tender and easy to shred after cooking.
Keto Pulled Pork Sliders
This pulled pork is great on its own. But if it’s a slider that you’re craving, this is also great on a low carb bun with some slaw. We like using the Unbun Buns for this. Just a note, these buns are a bit dense so we recommend adding more sauce or slaw to the slider to balance out the flavors. Instead of regular coleslaw, this recipe would also be great with our Keto Russian Carrot Salad!
Keto BBQ Sauce
Feel free to use your favorite low carb BBQ sauce for this recipe. Just keep in mind that different brands will greatly vary in their nutrition. Some may have more or less net carbs than the one in the recipe. Our favorite brand of keto-friendly BBQ sauce is the Guys Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce.
Low Carb Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork (with Diet Coke)
- Instant Pot
- 3 lbs Pork Shoulder
- 1 Can Diet Coke (355ml) You can also use Diet Root Beer, Diet Dr. Pepper or chicken broth.
- 2 Cups Guy's Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Or any other low sugar BBQ sauce of your choice.
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Stevia
- 4 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Maple Extract Optional.
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke Optional. Recommended.
- Cut the pork shoulder into 5-6 equal pieces and place into the instant pot. NOTE: Don't miss this step! Cutting up the pork shoulder makes the protein super tender that's easy to shred.
- Take your knife and score the fat on the pork shoulder. This will allow the fat to render down and create more tenderness.
- Pour the can of diet coke.
- In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups of BBQ sauce with the remaining ingredients. The maple extract is optional but it will help mimic the flavor of brown sugar.
- Pour BBQ mixture over pork shoulder.
- Place lid on the pressure cooker and make sure it is set for "SEALED". Set to pressure cook on high for 45 minutes. Once it is done cooking, turn the valve to the vent position and remove lid once the float valve has dropped.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot. Let the pork rest for 10-15 minutes to "relax" the meat.
- Once pork is in set aside, select the sauté setting and cook down the liquid for 15-25 minutes.
- Shred pork shoulder with two forks and pour reduced sauce over the pulled pork.
- Place the shredded pulled pork with the sauce in the oven under broil for about 5-10 minutes. This will create crispy ends!
- Serve with a side of low carb coleslaw or a simple salad. Enjoy!
- Tip: If you dont want to wait 15-25 minute for the sauce to reduce, save 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce. Once the pork is done cooking in the instant pot, spread the 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce over the shredded pulled pork. Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the pork edges are crispy and the sauce is slightly caramelized! While the pork is in the oven, saute the liquid in the instant pot until reduced (15-25 min). Freeze the sauce and save for your next batch of Instant Pot Pulled Pork!
- 561 Calories
- 5.3g Carbs
- 0.0g Fiber
- 40.7g Fat
- 38.9g Protein